Sparkbooth Setup Checklist
For your location setup:
- Place a computer, webcam, and keyboard on a table in a
well-lighted area. Don't forget a chair or stool.
- Optional: Get a
USB button to replace the keyboard.
- Adjust webcam
height to eye-level
- Use a directional lamp or
clamp lights to provide enough lighting.
- Consider a plain, neutral background like a wall,
screen, or curtains.
- Create or buy
a sign that points to where the photo booth is
located. Or use this photo
booth sign maker
- Optional: For funny photos, include a basket
of props like fake mustaches and silly hats next to the
booth for guests to wear while taking pictures.
- Bring an extension cord to provide electricity to your
setup location. Also bring a roll of staging or duct
tape to tape down the extension cord and prevent guests from
tripping over the cord.
For your computer.
- Turn off instant messaging, email, and other applications on
the computer that may interfere. For Windows, check the system tray
to other background applications.
- Turn off the screensaver and power/energy saver options for
- Turn off any automatic system updates for your operating
system. This will prevent downloads of large files in the
background which will use up the CPU.
For Sparkbooth setup:
- In Settings dialog under the User Controls tab, check "Hide
buttons" to hide the buttons on the main screen to prevent guests
from pressing settings buttons. It is also recommended to turn on
the lock feature to prevent guests from exiting the application and
getting into Settings.
- Press "F" or F7 to put Sparkbooth into full screen mode
- If you are using a printer, setup the Printer and Printing
settings dialogs. Printer setup help for Windows
- It is not recommend using the Print Photo output option for
unattended use or if using a slow printer - due to printer
- If you are running Sparkbooth without an internet connection,
it is recommended that you do a test run and reboot your computer
disconnected from the internet, then start Sparkbooth. This will
verify that your computer's system clock is good and you have a
valid license. If you get a message that your license is invalid,
please see these troublshooting
How to guides and tutorials: