Queueing Photos to Upload Later
If you are at a location without any internet, you can can queue photos to upload later when you are connected to the internet using the Send Photo Later uploader.
Before the event:
- To collect email address to email photos later, go to Settings > Send To Guests > enable Email and select Send Photo Later from the list
- To collect Mobile telephone numbers to text photos later, go to Settings > Send To Guests > enable Mobile and select Send Photo Later from the list
- To collect Twitter names to @reply photo later on Twitter, go to Settings > Send To Guests > enable Twitter via and select Send Photo Later from the list
- Sorry, there is no offline guest Facebook uploading. But you can upload photos to a single Facebook account from the Send Photo Later queue.
Another way to setup the Send Photo Later queue:
- Go to Settings > Send Photo Later and check the option "Save photo into Send Photo Later queue"
- If you plan to email photos later, go to Settings > Send To Guest > check the option to "Allow guests to send photos", check the Email option, and select "Send Photo Later". Now guests will be prompted for their email address, and the photo will be queued
- If you plan to SMS or MMS photos later, go to Settings > Send To Guest > check the option to "Allow guests to send photos", check the Send To Mobile option, and check "Queue for later". Now guests will be prompted for their mobile number, and the photo will be queued
After the event, and when you have an internet connection:
- Go to Settings > Send Photo Later should already be selected
- You can scroll through the queued photos to review. If you need to remove any items in the queue, select the ones you want to remove and click "Delete Selected"
- Then select the service you want to upload to, and press "Send Photos". If the service is not configured (red light) press the Configure link to display the settings for the service.
- The on screen message that is displayed to guests after the photo has been queued
- The photo queue. You can use the horizontal scrollbar to view all photos. Each photo will have the date and time, prompted information (name, email, comment, Twitter), and upload error (if there was an upload error it will be queued here)
- There are a number of items on this row. First, the number of photos in the queue. Next, the "Select All" button will select all photos in the queue. The "Select None" button unselects all photos. The "Select None" removes any selected photos from the queue.
- Selects the service where to upload photos. Please review this list since not all upload services are available for Send Photo Later.
- Displays the settings for the selected upload service. The LED will be green if it is configured and ready for upload. If the LED is red, you will need to configure the service.
- Uploads all selected photos in the queue to the selected service.
Backing Up Queue
You can use the Export button to back up the queue and then restore it later using the Import. This only backs up the queue metadata, not the photo image files.
Exporting backs up the metadata associated with each photo (telephone number, email address, etc) and the location of the image file.
When importing the backup file, the image files need to be in the same location as in the file, or in the same location as the backup file when importing so you can move the queue to another computer.
You can also import the sparkbooth-uploads.txt file in the Documents folder. This can be used as an option to re-send or re-upload photos.
Customizing Photo Layouts
Activating and Licensing
Building Your Own Photo Booth