Creating a Mailing List With MailChimp
Sparkbooth integrates with MailChimp to submit email addresses to your MailChimp mailing lists.
This video tutorial does a good job of giving an overview of the sign up process, and explaining how to work with MailChimp. Some of the menu names have changed in Sparkbooth, so in addition to the video, we are posting a step by step process on how to set up Sparkbooth with MailChimp.
- Select Sparkbooth Settings.
- Select Premium from the menu options on the
left hand side of the screen.
- Using the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the menu,
navigate to the MailChimp menu.
- On the MailChimp menu, you are presented with the option to
Login to MailChimp, View Log, and
with a link to Click here to sign up for an account at
MailChimp. If you already have a MailChimp account, you
can use the Login to MailChimp button to
- If you don’t have a MailChimp account, you can use the
link Click here to sign up for an account at
MailChimp. This will take you to the MailChimp website
where you can sign up for a new account. Use the video link above
for reference on how to sign up and configure your MailChimp
account to work with Sparkbooth.
- Once you have created a MailChimp account and a mailing list,
you should return to Sparkbooth and select the Login to
MailChimp button. After successfully logging into
MailChimp, Sparkbooth will display the mailing lists you created in
MailChimp. Select the mailing list you will to have Sparkbooth
update, and Sparkbooth will automatically update your MailChimp
mailing list with any email addresses gathered during photo
sessions. This is a great way to keep your clients organized and
send them updates. Here you can also select the way you would like
to MailChimp email to appear to your clients, either in Text or in
HTML. Text emails is the default.
- You can use the View Log button to view those
email addresses that were sent to MailChimp.
- If you create a new mailing list in MailChimp and you do not see it in Sparkbooth, you may need to log out and login to MailChimp through Sparkbooth. This will update Sparkbooth with any newly created mailing lists.
- It is important to configure the settings so that First and Last Name is not a required field. This is something that you configure in MailChimp, not in Sparkbooth.
Customizing Photo Layouts
Activating and Licensing
Building Your Own Photo Booth