How to Setup A Photo Kiosk
Read Jason's article on using Sparkbooth 3.5 or later to create a print/upload station for your photo booth
For Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk
Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk is used to create a separate computer station to allow your guests to browse, print, and share photos from your photo booth. No more holding up your photo booth line to make extra prints. Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk is part of the Sparkbooth Commercial Suite, so you can use an activation on your Sparkbooth Commercial license to unlock it.
To setup Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk:
- It is assumed you have 2 computers: one
computer is running your photo booth, and then second computer is
running Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk
- Setup a network between your photo booth and
Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk computers. A computer
network can be setup a number of different ways: Ad-hoc network
wired network. Sparkbooth does not provide support for setting
up your network. There are plenty or resources and services
available on the internet for this, so please consult
- The folder where the photos are saved on the photo
booth computer must be visible to the computer running
Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk on your network. This is a feature
of your operating system, so consult your operating system
documentation on how to share a folder.
- In Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk, go to Settings (press F1 or
fn + F1) and select General. Under Photo Folder,
click the "Change" button and select the shared folder on
your photo booth computer
- Make sure "Cache Photos Locally" is enabled
since the photos are on a different computer. This feature will
reduce the traffic over the network, and will improve the
performance of the Photo Kiosk.
- You can go to the other tabs to enable printing,
Facebook sharing, Twitter sharing, and/or
- Now press the "Close" button, and Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk will start caching any photos it finds on the photo booth computer, and allow guests to browse the photos. As new photos are created in the "Photo Folder", they will be automatically show up in Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk
If you are having problems seeing the photo folder on the photo booth computer from the Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk computer, you can try running Dropbox to sync the photo booth folder between the two computers.
- Make sure both computer have Dropbox installed and
running, and they are connected to the internet.
- On the photo booth computer, have the photo
booth save the photos in a folder within its Dropbox
- On the Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk
computer, set the *Photo Folder" to the synced folder
within its Dropbox folder, and disable the "Cache Photos Locally"
option since the folder is on the same computer.
- Now as photos are created on the photo booth computer, Dropbox will automatically create a copy on the Sparkbooth Photo Kiosk computer and be display in the photo kiosk application.