Effective December 1, 2012
We collect information about how you use our websites and applications, including when you use a desktop product feature that takes you online (such as a photo syncing feature). We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a Sparkbooth website, or when a Sparkbooth desktop product feature takes you online. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit the Sparkbooth website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Sparkbooth may collect information about how you use our websites and applications by using cookies and similar technologies. This information is anonymous and it will not be associated with you.
When you activate your Sparkbooth product, we collect certain information about your device, the Sparkbooth product, and your unique install ID. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
Emails we send you may include a web beacon that tells Sparkbooth whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email.
Sparkbooth has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Sparkbooth’s Facebook® page). You may also be able to sign in to a Sparkbooth website or application using a social networking account, such as a Facebook® account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
Sparkbooth uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the Sparkbooth websites and applications for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
- Better understanding how our websites and applications are being used so we can improve them
- Diagnosing problems in our websites and applications
- Tailoring a website, application, or Sparkbooth marketing to your likely interests
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or customer support
- Sending you information about Sparkbooth, new application releases, special offers, and similar information
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as Sparkbooth
A cookie is a small data file that is stored on a user’s local computer for record-keeping purposes that contains information about the user that is pertinent to a website, such as a user preference.
Sparkbooth works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Sparkbooth may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Sparkbooth, our customers and users, or the public.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company;we sell a Sparkbooth website, application, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Sparkbooth does not sell or distribute any of the information that is collected.
To remove content you have shared on our websites and applications, please use the same website or application feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user that invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Sparkbooth cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Your personal information and data files are stored on Sparkbooth’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
If you want to delete your Sparkbooth Support account, please email your request to email@example.com. Note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons and that some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and applications you are eligible to use, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Sparkbooth and the companies we hire to help us market our websites and applications on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Sparkbooth.
To provide you with more innovative and relevant experiences and marketing messages based on your likely interests, we collect information about you and how you engage with us. Sparkbooth allows you to control your information in the following ways:
Stop receiving Sparkbooth marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of Sparkbooth marketing emails. You cannot opt out of certain emails we need to send you relating to normal business operations.
If you have a privacy question or complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.