"Invalid SSL certificate" or "No Internet" error
If you are getting an "Invalid SSL certificate" or "No Internet Availble" error or the software is timing out or hanging, please check the following:
- You must have an internet connection to initialize the free trial or to activate the software.
- Check if your computer's date and time is correct. SSL connections will fail if your date and time is off.
- Check if your anti-virus or firewall software is blocking
- Check that you don't have malware that might be effecting your internet access.
- On Windows, open Internet Explorer and turn off Offline Mode. If Internet Explorer is in Offline Mode, it will block the software from connecting to the license server. To turn off Offline Mode*, select the File or Tools menu and uncheck Offline Mode. If you do not see the File or Tools menu, press F10 to display the menu.
- For Windows XP, update Internet Explorer and apply this SSL patch. If your version of Internet Explorer is too old, it will incorrectly identify the security certificate as invalid and prevent the connection to the license server.
- For Windows 8, there could be a internet security prompt behind the activation dialog. Try pressing ESC to exit fullscreen mode, and see if there is a security prompt. You will need to allow Sparkbooth to access the internet to complete the activation.