Sparkbooth 4 to 5 Upgrade Checklist
If you are using Sparkbooth 4 Premium or DSLR and want to upgrade to Sparkbooth 5 Premium or DSLR, this checklist will be very useful to you so you can preserve a working backup of 4.3 and activated install of Sparkbooth 5.
- Open Sparkbooth 4 and update to the latest version of Sparkbooth 4.3. Go to Settings, select About menu, and click Check for updates link.
- Open Sparkbooth 4.3. Go to Settings, select Premium menu and Export configuration option. This will allow you import the settings into Sparkbooth 5 if you have a Premium or DSLR license.
- Take note of all menu option changes previously made for customized use.
- Note any special printer padding numbers.
- Close 4.3
- Purchase Sparkbooth 5 Upgrade license
- Download and install Sparkbooth 5
- Enter license key to activate Sparkbooth 5
- If you have a Premium or DSLR license, go to Settings, select Premium menu, Import the configuration file from 4.3, and re-start Sparkbooth 5
- Check Camera and Printer operations.
- Close Sparkbooth 5 and Open 4.3
- Re-activate 4.3 using Upgraded Sparkbooth 5 license if needed as a backup or temporary access.
Thanks to Ed White for this list