A simple printing change I would love to see please

Wayne

31 Mar, 2017 06:51 PM

At the moment, when we enable printing it automatically autoprints a minimum of 1 copy which in most instances we set to 1 for the "guestbook photo". We can then allow guests to choose a number of copies up to a maximum we define.
However, can this be changed please so that we can set to automatically print 0 (zero) copies for events where a guestbook is not wanted? At the moment, if 3 guests select 3 prints - they get 4. One is always wasted on these occassions. Surely there must be others that would also like to enable guest printing and allow the guests to choose the number of prints without any autoprints?

I'd be super grateful if this could be implemented asap.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 31 Mar, 2017 07:00 PM

Wayne,

When doing Double Split strips, a 4X6 is created and
    sent to your printer... your printer prints this 4X6 and
    cuts it to (2) strips.
    Your printer can not do a single 2X6 strip so every session
    will always print 2 strips.

If you set the software for 0 prints, it will not print any.
    I hope that explains how it works.

Joe Connell - SB Support

2. 2 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 07:08 PM

Sorry you've misunderstood me. I only use single 4x6 prints, not strips. As soon as I enable printing, the minimum is to autoprint 1 copy. It wont allow me to set zero.

I wish to enable printing so that guets can choose the number of prints and get JUST that quantity. No autoprints.

3. 3 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 07:10 PM

Forgot to mention, I use the paid version of the commercial sparkbooth (not the DSLR version).

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 31 Mar, 2017 07:16 PM

Just check the box for "Prompts - To Print" and it won't print unless you tell it to.

5. 5 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 07:23 PM

Sorry Rob that's not a solution. I want the guests to have completye control of how many 4x6 prints are produced by choosing when it asks them at the end of the session. All I simply wish to be able to do it set the number of automatic prints to 0, therefore allowing the guests to select 3 copies and the printer put out 3 copies.

The program seems to assume we all want an automatic copy for a guestbook, but I have bookings where no guestbook is used. On these bookings people will automatically choose the number of prints for the number of people (lets say 4) and due to the minimum autoprint of 1 it will shovel out 5 prints.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 31 Mar, 2017 07:36 PM

I guess I don't get it....

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 31 Mar, 2017 07:37 PM

If you press skip, you get zero prints

8. 8 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 07:41 PM

On that screen if they select 2 they will get 3 because of the fact that the software automatically prints an additional number of copies automatically on top of that - the minimum of which we can set it to is 1.

Imagine being a user and request 2 prints and tell me how many are printed. Due to the autoprint setting it will be 3... or more accurately 2 + however many autoprint copies are selected in the printing setup screen.

I dont want zero prints - I want zero AUTOMATIC prints. I want the guests to choose how many.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 31 Mar, 2017 07:43 PM

Oh, well I did not know that (can't test it at my workplace)

OK, valid point

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Joe Connell on 31 Mar, 2017 07:43 PM

John will review and reply soon....

11. 11 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 07:49 PM

Like I say, it shouldn't be a big issue to select 0 in the number of automatic prints, but using the arrows only allows me to reduce this to 1 and if I type a 0 in the box it changes back to 1 again when I click elsewhere.

All I want is to be able to enable printing with 0 as an option for the number of automatic prints, then set the slider to limit the guest copies to say 5. That way if they choose 4 it will print just 4. No guestbook = no automatic print required. Hopefully this will be a simple fix for the software developer. I previously used another booth program and this was a simple task within that - it was just too processor demanding to run off a tablet for my mini-pod.

Thanks for trying to help though Joe. Hopefully John will come up trumps with a fix. :)

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by John Wu on 31 Mar, 2017 08:33 PM

What version of the software are you using? The version number is under
    Settings > About

13. 13 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 08:52 PM

I've always got the very latest version John. Currently 4.3.84

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by John Wu on 31 Mar, 2017 08:55 PM

When I try the print prompt and select 3 prints, it only prints 3 - not 4.
    It is not adding prints like you said. Are you sure it is doing that for
    you?

15. 15 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 08:59 PM

100% certain yes. It's not a problem with how many autoprints you set. It's the fact that 0 isn't a choice.

At the top of the printing settings page, there is a box to tick to enable printing. Immediately it sets up to autoprint one copy. I want to be able to set that to zero (which it doesn't allow), so that when the guest gets their choice at the end of each session it is only the number of prints THEY select which are printed. Unfortunately I can't enable the guest slider without autoprinting at least 1 copy per session.

16. 16 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 09:01 PM

Unless this is only happening with my "virtual test printer". Are you saying that the slider rules out the autoprints? I'll get my booth printer plugged in now and try just to confirm 100% - bear with me...

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by John Wu on 31 Mar, 2017 09:02 PM

Can you hold down shift-ctrl-9 on the main screen to send the log?

18. Support Staff 18 Posted by John Wu on 31 Mar, 2017 09:05 PM

No where in the print code, it is adding the copies from the print prompt
    screen to the default print copies. I have tried this on 2 installs, it is
    always prints the number of copies selected in the print prompt.

19. 19 Posted by Wayne on 31 Mar, 2017 09:11 PM

John, Joe and Rob I can only apologise to all 3 of you. It seems it was a problem with my virtual printer. I should have dragged out the physical printer sooner before wasting everyones time.

It's the first time I've had to use the support group though, and I'm overwhelmed at the speedy responsiveness of support stafff. Thank you all for putting up with me and sorry that I have wasted any of your time. In future that will teach me to run every possible test first!

Thanks again. Wayne

20. Support Staff 20 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 31 Mar, 2017 10:20 PM

Not a problem, it made us all think a bit and I remembered to eat my banana.

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by Joe Connell on 01 Apr, 2017 01:54 AM

wait one minute... I went out on a photo booth job
    and now I see Rob got a banana??? Where is mine?

22. John Wu closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2017 03:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Nov, 2019 10:14 PM
18 Nov, 2019 02:14 PM
18 Nov, 2019 05:12 AM