Powershot Cameras

joegruiz

23 Jan, 2017 03:51 AM

I would like to suggest that you find a way to be able to use again a PowerShot or any decent point and shoot camera with sparkbooth, that would give us a set of pictures with high quality to try to sell H.Q. singles from each sesion in addition to the strips than the Low Quality ones from webcams and instead to be forced to dedicate a high priced camera like the 5D Mk II, and III or a 7D to take high volume of pictures to a low priced service as a photobooth, and get those cameras devaluated by the high volume of shootings, I know there are old T3 and T5 but buying an old camera with a high volume of shoots fired wont be a good option risking for failure in a near future. I used to connect a Powershoot G10 to sparkboooth with an auxiliar softeware that worked very well at some time in the back but that was eliminated as new updates came in place, that combination produced me very high quality pictures. That will give us also the ability to take pictures with the integrated flash and use external slave flash units for a more proffesional lighting at a reasonable camera/flash cost.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 23 Jan, 2017 04:27 AM

My reply is my opinion here as a photo booth company
    and nothing to do with me as a Sparkbooth Support Team member.

If you are intent on making more money by providing your customers/clients high quality photos from your single shot images, then you need to upgrade your equipment to a high quality camera that is not 10-15 years out of date.

When photo booths first started (over 12 years ago)
    and software began to be developed for use with
    this new business, the Sureshot cameras were used.

The photo booth like all technology has come a very long way
    in that 12+ years and todays photo booth companies are only
    asking for better not out dated equipment to use with their business.

Yes, there are still many photo booth software's out there
    with the ability to use a Sureshot camera, and if that is
    your main objective to use a Sureshot camera...
    then you should add the other software to your
    arsenal for your photo booth business.

I follow many of the Photo Booth Forums and
    1,000's of photo booth business' use more than
    one software to cover the many different types of events that they do.

Joe Connell - Personal Opinion

2. 2 Posted by joegruiz on 29 Jan, 2017 09:15 PM

Hello Joe thank you for your personal opinion...
    But first of all, this particular group is called "Suggestions" and as I can understand is with the intention of receiving supporting ideas in benefit to the program (sparkbooth) in order to make a better and professional product (program) and to deliver a quality product (pictures) to our customers. (Plus product variety).
    I did, in error made a reference to my old G10 powershoot when I must be using the general words "Point and Shot" any of those actual cameras (modern) deliver a picture of much higher quality than any webcam, (actualy using a C920), also with any of those cameras you can take pictures with both the internal and external slave flash units that brings you a much better illumination than any other kind of light. Here the comparison between DSLR $$$$ vs. P&S $$ and webcams $ versus quality.
    You dont want to tie a $600.00 to $3,000.00 camera inside a photobooth when you can have a $200.00 camera instead.

And I for sure already know of other photobooth programs that I can add to my arsenal, so your recommendation on that is something that I don't really need, but as a log time customer of Sparkbooth I do like and prefer to work with Sparkbooth and my intention of sending this suggestion is in order to provide a little help in making Sparkbooth a greater program, if that is of any value to the program owners and programmers, and if I were part of a support team, I for sure wont be recommending nor suggesting to use other competing products to my customers.

Just my two cents, if at any time you feel that this suggestion does not belong here, please feel free to get it erased.

Also please excuse because English it's not may first language.
    Thank you

Jose Ruiz

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Joe Connell on 29 Jan, 2017 09:40 PM

Noted... your opinion about my last reply
    that was my personal opinion not as a support team member
    and if something is not available in the software and
    John has already reviewed such topic suggestions and
    has stated it will not be available... then I have given you
    a suggestion of - if other software has what you need
    then you should have it ... sorry you thought I was
    telling you to go to another company but in this case
    that is the only way that I can say it.

Was not trying to be rude, just suggesting an option.

4. John Wu closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2017 02:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Nov, 2019 12:44 PM
14 Nov, 2019 12:37 PM
14 Nov, 2019 12:04 PM