Maybe adding QR codes?

Chris brown

20 Jul, 2014 05:45 PM

I've read the article where someone sets up a separate table to handle reprint orders. That's fine if the printer is separate, and people have to come to the table to collect prints, but I plan to incorporating the printer into the kiosk so people can simply "pose and go" (for faster turnaround) It may not be till the 'posers' get back to their table and show friends that they realise they want copies too. (In the scenario above, could the operator return to a print taken 10 mins ago? And would they have to look through ALL the photos taken that evening to find the appropriate image before they could reprint?) COULD this be an option ... although in fairness I don't know much about this technology, and it may involve creating "apps" etc. Apologies for the long description

Perhaps each print could be given a UNIQUE QR code. When they scan the QR with (their phone?) they get taken to a website, and it ask them how many copies they want, and mailing address. As these prints will be mailed to them, maybe a PayPal button to cover costs. (If no internet connection on site, obviously the photo will not be on server, but the QR will still id the photo)

When the operator goes online, they will see a list of reorders, together with the person's address. If the photos have been uploaded, they will be downloaded again so they can print and mail. Or better yet, with the photos still on the kiosk PC, they simply download a small datafile, and software ID's the folder/image so again they can then print offline, and mai off

This concept was originally envisaged for the Wedding Photo market, ie the Official Photos are displayed, and instead of each guest going up to the photographer and saying "I want one of this one, and two of that one. Those 5 x 7 and that one 8 x 10 ..." they simply scan the QR code, select size and qty, pay online and the photos are mailed to them in a few days. (And if I can't find software to do it for theWedding market, I might have a bash at it myself!) Would a similar idea might work for photo kiosk

NB: I'm well impressed with the 'spec' of "DSLR Sparkbooth"

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 20 Jul, 2014 08:50 PM

Hello Chris,

I think I can explain all about Sparkbooth with Skype
    If you have and use Skype I can share my screen and walk you thru
    all the features of what ever version you have and better explain it.

All you need to do is send a Contact Request in Skype to my user name ccuvideo I have helped people around the world using Skype where I share my screen (no video needed) and explain much faster then typing back and forth here.

Let me know if this will work for you, Skype is free at www.skype.com

Joe Connell - SB Support

2. 2 Posted by Chris Brown on 21 Jul, 2014 10:41 AM

Thanks for the quick response, but alas, no skype. It was just an idea I thought I'd put forward as - to be honest - I've not even downloaded the software to trial. I'm still doing all the research to get an approximation of costs as i will be buying everything from scratch, (so far, just shy of £2000 - most of which is £700 for a sublim printer!) Looking at "refurb" items at present. Just seen Lenovo Thinkpad X201 Intel Core i5 2.4GHz 3GB RAM 320GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 12.1" for £195 ... so am back on this site trying to find "min spec"

Again, thanks for response. Will get back to you in due course

3. John Wu closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2014 12:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Nov, 2019 03:50 PM
14 Nov, 2019 03:13 PM
14 Nov, 2019 02:36 PM