Button for your booth

raster

16 Feb, 2012 01:10 PM

Hey everyone, if you've been to the page at http://help.sparkbooth.com/kb/building-your-own-photo-booth/usb-but... and clicked on the links for "DIY USB Button" or "Completed USB button" I'm the guy who made that.

Over the last eight months I've got a lot of emails and blog posts, and helped many people build their own button, but it seems like a lot of people just want to buy one, so I'm considering making a bunch to sell. I'd probably do a few complete like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raster/5702627963/ as well as some kits like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raster/5879164999/ The kits would be a little cheaper, but you'd need to do the painting and final assembly (which would only take a screwdriver.)

(I hope I don't sound to commercial posting this here. I'm still totally willing to help anyone who wants to build their own, but for some folks doing the programming, soldering, etc. is beyond their skills.)

1. 1 Posted by Brigette on 16 Feb, 2012 03:54 PM

I would be very interested but I can't pay an outrageous price. Please let me know, I would like it as soon as possible if I can afford it.

Thank you

2. 2 Posted by johnd on 16 Feb, 2012 05:43 PM

hi raster,

i am not good in making this kind of stuff,
    but im more than willing to buy the button.
    is it ok you can send by courier straight here to dubai.
    just let me know how much it will cost including the shipping.

appreciate your feedback

3. 3 Posted by Talia on 17 Feb, 2012 04:09 PM

Hello Raster,
    I would be very interested in purchasing! Please contact me via email [email blocked]

4. 4 Posted by raster on 17 Feb, 2012 05:04 PM

Brigette, johnd, Talia, thanks for the interest! In the next few weeks I'll work on sourcing materials and determining the costs, and I'll post back here either when I know what that will be, or when they are ready to purchase.

5. 5 Posted by Talia on 17 Feb, 2012 05:18 PM

Thank you!

6. 6 Posted by vivian on 17 Feb, 2012 07:18 PM

I would be interested in buying one already assembled for a reasonable price

7. 7 Posted by johnd on 18 Feb, 2012 06:34 AM

thank you raster,
    really looking for to have this button.

i hope its fine to save a little courier charges.
    its fine if you can assemble the button without the box and the usb cable.
    i can source it out here locally. appreciate also, hence were both using the sparkbooth, kindly configure the button to enumelate the space bar.

i am planning to send my payment via westernunion or bank transfer so i will need your details once the button is ready. you can send the button via dhl, fedex or aramex and i will give my dubai details.

if the assembled button will be reasonable price im planning to buy three buttons, just for a spare or 1 will do.

keep me posted.

8. 8 Posted by raster on 19 Feb, 2012 04:16 AM

Just an update, I've sourced all the parts to build 10 buttons. It looks like the price (not including shipping) will be $75.00 USD. (I was hoping to get the price lower, but I can't really do bulk purchasing yet to get it lower.) This is a really nice button though, with a tough metal case and a 6 foot USB cable. Just plug it into a USB port and it'll be programmed to work as a spacebar and you won't need a keyboard to trigger Sparkbooth. This is exactly what people have told me they want. I hope they're right.

If you want one, get in touch with me, and I'll put your name on the list.

thanks! :)

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by John Wu on 19 Feb, 2012 04:18 AM

Can you take payment via PayPal?

10. 10 Posted by raster on 19 Feb, 2012 04:33 PM

I'll be able to take payment via PayPal and Dwolla.

11. 11 Posted by Tim on 19 Feb, 2012 06:13 PM

I have a different setup and i do MAME cabinets. Therefore i have buttons and the switches. How much for you to do the usb wiring to the electric board and wires back out? thats all i need. i don't need a button or box cause my Sparkbooth is made into a upright booth. I just need the USB interface that the button tells the puter that a keystroke was made. THANKS!

12. 12 Posted by johnd on 19 Feb, 2012 06:46 PM

hi raster

thank you for the latest info,
    i just want to know how much it cost if you remove the USB cable and the box from the set up (to avoid being bulky from shipping) and pls let me know how much is the shipping cost via DHL from your place to my place dubai, uae (united arab emirates) and how days will i received after i made a payment via paypal?

i am really excited about this button.

13. 13 Posted by raster on 19 Feb, 2012 07:08 PM

johnd, I can build you a custom device with just the programmed controller board, and a button soldered onto it. Email me and we can work out the details...

14. 14 Posted by raster on 19 Feb, 2012 07:09 PM

Tim, same thing... email me and we can figure out what you need and what it will cost. Thanks!

15. 15 Posted by johnd on 19 Feb, 2012 07:51 PM

thanks raster,

kindly email me details at my email add [email blocked]

16. 16 Posted by Lucy on 21 Feb, 2012 07:04 AM

Hi,

I'm in Australia and would love one of these buttons for my photo booth..would you post to Oz?

If so how much?
    Thankyou

Lucy

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by John Wu on 23 Feb, 2012 02:01 AM

You have my email, so let me know the payment details.

18. 18 Posted by Gary Ireland on 23 Feb, 2012 04:24 PM

EVERYONE!!!

You can just buy one of these from E-Bay its 7.99 Euro 5 Pounds Or $12
    Because it is USB you can plug it in and tell the computer what you want the Click to do IE LEFT CLICK which will engage the Sparkbooth countdown.
    Paint it if you wish as it is only plastic or put your own design on it. Please note once you plug this in you would also need another mouse at hand in case you need to shut down SparkBooth or need to do anything, You can do this by having a Wireless Mouse plugged in and you can use that also...as the foot pedal is only a switch not an actual mouse.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Foot-Rest-USB-Step-Pedal-Switch-Action-Butto...

19. 19 Posted by Sue on 24 Feb, 2012 02:59 AM

I need one for my photo booth, already made, how much wouldyou charge me?

20. 20 Posted by Jonathan Chick on 24 Feb, 2012 06:17 AM

I'm in!! Add me to the list please!

21. 21 Posted by Thai Kih on 25 Feb, 2012 06:16 AM

I have a button, so usb cord to the small teensy. then wire soldered on teensy board to go to the arcade button

22. 22 Posted by raster on 02 Mar, 2012 03:38 AM

Just an update... I've got the first 10 buttons nearly done. I should get them completed this weekend and hope to have them ready to buy by next week. I'll post again when they are ready. (And if you've expressed interest in this thread or in email, I've added you to the list.) Thanks again!

23. 23 Posted by Marion on 02 Mar, 2012 03:12 PM

I am planning to purchase sparkbooth for a wedding and would like to purchase the awesome button as well. I was waiting to try out the program at the bridal shower which is coming up soon.

24. 24 Posted by raster on 07 Mar, 2012 01:08 PM

OK, folks, I've got the first batch ready to order... visit the store if you want one:

http://store.2xlnetworks.com/thebutton/

(Right now I can only ship to the U.S. and accept PayPal payment.)

For anyone not in the U.S., email me pete AT 2xlnetworks.com and we'll figure something out. (Same for people who just wanted the electronics and no case or push button.)

25. John Wu closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2012 09:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Dec, 2018 07:23 AM
14 Dec, 2018 04:26 AM
14 Dec, 2018 12:48 AM