How to map on-screen buttons to keyboard keys

Daniel

27 Jan, 2020 09:44 PM

Hi,
I am using Sparkbooth DSLR to build a photobox. The box is controlled by the keyboard only; no mouse no touchscreen.
In specific, I have a USB controller attached that has two buttons. The buttons can be mapped to simulate the press of a keyboard key.
The only two situations where the physical buttons need to be pressed for control are:
1) Start the photo session.
It seems this function is hard-coded to Space and Enter; so ideally, i would like to map one of my physical buttons to Space and the other to Enter; this way the user can press any key to start the session
2) Control if the photo should be printed or not; there there are two choices: print or no print.
The print-prompt has a green and a red on-screen button. I am wondering how i can map these on-screen buttons to special keyboard keys.
With trial and error it seems that the red on-screen button is mapped to Escape and the green on-screen button is mapped to Enter. Is there a way that i can map the red button to a different key? E.g. space?

I hope my question makes sense. I short: i am wondering if there is a menu, setting or hidden config how i can map the on-screen buttons green and red to different keyboard keys?

Thanks,
Daniel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John Wu on 27 Jan, 2020 09:52 PM

See http://help.sparkbooth.com/kb/how-to/keyboard-shortcuts
    Also go to Settings > Keyboard to configure The page up and down shorcuts

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John Wu on 27 Jan, 2020 09:53 PM

You cannot change the keys that are used

3. 3 Posted by Daniel on 27 Jan, 2020 10:00 PM

Seriously? To me this seems to be a standard feature when building a photobox from your software...
    So there is no way to do it from the UI settings? Also no hidden way via a configuration file or registry?
    Any change of getting this feature added?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 28 Jan, 2020 12:40 PM

You can use Autohotkey to map any keyboard key to any key combination (and tons of other stuff)

5. John Wu closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2020 01:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

07 Jul, 2020 07:37 PM
07 Jul, 2020 01:43 PM
07 Jul, 2020 12:29 PM