DNP RX1 HS usb change

Sasa Petrovic

14 Jan, 2020 08:14 AM

If the usb port for DNP RK1 changes whether the driver is also installed on that other port or is only tied to the original installation port. The pc indicates that the printer is installed. Does it affect print quality?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 14 Jan, 2020 12:43 PM

Ok, let's straighten this out.

The driver doesn't care what port you install into. The issue is that when you install into different port each time i.e. port 1, port 2, port 3, port 4 etc....you will get copies like "DNP RK1, DNP RK1(1), DNP RK1(2), DNP RK1(3)" in the Windows Print Manager. This is very bad because you can only print to the active printer and you'll never remember which one it is.
    What I did is mark the USB port with white paint so I (my wife) always use the same one and I deleted any other copies.
    To actually answer your question, no, it does not affect quality.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 14 Jan, 2020 01:51 PM

After you assign a USB printing port do into your device manager and delete those extra copies of your printer they will show up as DNP RX1 (copy 1) 2, 3 etc and just keep the original one in my experience with the RX1 if you did a party that was cutting your stripe and your next party you plugged into another USB port it will create a copy and it won't cut. so follow Rob's advice marking the USB port.

3. John Wu closed this discussion on 27 Jan, 2020 09:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

07 Jul, 2020 07:37 PM
07 Jul, 2020 01:43 PM
07 Jul, 2020 12:29 PM