Printing issue

Nissay

13 Sep, 2018 02:51 PM

My DNP printer will run smoothly until it stops printing within maybe an hour or so. There are no error messages on my printer and I did contact DNP support. They mentioned it wouldn’t be a printer issue but more so a software issue that may not be reading as well with the software. If you could help, that’d be great. I just want the printer to run smoothly on its own for the entire night. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 13 Sep, 2018 03:12 PM

There can be many reasons the printer stops printing and NONE of them would be a software issue. The software ONLY send an image (finished photo layout) to the printer and the printer is in control from that point on.

1) your DNP RX1 printer could be having a paper jam or media jam
    2) the printer could be getting too hot (what was the temperature during your event) any time the temperature is above 90 degrees, the printer can over heat and stop working. (I have seen this happen-not fun)
    3) is there a bad connection from the printer cable to the computer. A loose connection could cause a stop in printing.

So, if the DNP people you purchased your printer from is pointing at the Sparkbooth software as the cause and NOT telling you the 3 things that could cause your issue, I suspect that person doesn't have the knowledge of software or the printer issues that could be causing your problem.

Joe Connell - SB Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Sep, 2018 08:17 AM
18 Sep, 2018 09:37 PM
18 Sep, 2018 03:42 PM