Full screen live view

manderson0488

19 Apr, 2018 08:09 PM

Thanks Joe for the tutorial you posted on Facebook about making the live view take up the full screen. I did this on a few of my booths, I did not hide though there is a small area the live view doesn’t cover. You can see in the attached photo the difference from the bezel of the pc and the black screen, about half an inch worth of black screen where the live view can be increased. I was wondering if there was a way to extend this all the way to make it truly live view.

Also, when I set the theme to “none” and use a start screen with a slideshow, the background of the slideshow is black, it used to be red curtain. Is there any way to do red curtain just for the slideshow background? Or assign a different background just for the slideshow start screen. I am aware I can set a custom start screen image, but this would disable the slideshow.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 19 Apr, 2018 08:39 PM

First off, not all screens are at the aspect ratio that
    is needed/required for the normal photo shown full screen.
    That would cause your screen to have boarders.

As for the Slideshow...
    I will leave that for John to reply who may have
    more knowledge/information to help you.

Joe Connell - SB Support

2. 2 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 08:44 PM

I understand about the aspect ratio. But as you see in the photo there is room on both the bottom and side for it to be expanded.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Joe Connell on 19 Apr, 2018 08:54 PM

Yes... I saw that but have no idea why your screen is not filling either the width or the height as it should for any image set to be showing without a Theme set... John will need to review and reply.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John Wu on 19 Apr, 2018 09:07 PM

Are you sure that is not the border of the monitor?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by John Wu on 19 Apr, 2018 09:08 PM

Wait. Is that the slideshow?

6. 6 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 09:45 PM

It is not the bezel of the monitor. You can see where the bezel starts if you look close. No it is not the slideshow John, it’s a picture of the live view. The slide show was a side note. Not pictured.

7. 7 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 09:46 PM

Also if you look at the top you can see the view extends all the way to top of screen.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by John Wu on 19 Apr, 2018 09:49 PM

What is the resolution of the monitor (width and height in pixels)?

9. 9 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 09:56 PM

Weird I just started up a different booth to check that for you, and on this one there is no gap, it’s taking up the whole screen? Maybe it was just a little glitch? The screen resolution is 2160x1440. Let me check my other booth, reset sparkbooth and see if the problem went away.

10. 10 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 10:05 PM

Ok false alarm :). Must have been a little bug. I restarted the original computer and now it fits the screen perfect. But for the slideshow. Can we make it so in the start screen slide show settings box in the bottom right corner there’s an option to set a background or upload own own background? Cause right now with theme set to “none” the slideshow background is just black.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Joe Connell on 19 Apr, 2018 10:06 PM

I THUNK that was a bit weird when the view was touching the top but not the bottom or the 2 sides... I do know computers love to screw with us and we can never understand WTFreak is going on...

Just today I had an event and at set up doing my TEST session before starting and it would not print and showed that Sparkbooth Not Responding... closing SB an reopening did not fix it... so I did a full Restart and it was fine... WEIRD

and this event TODAY was with 2 booths side by side...

Glad you found it also weird, and hope a full restart corrects it for you

Joe Connell - SB Support

12. 12 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 10:18 PM

Yup... gotta love technology right.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by John Wu on 19 Apr, 2018 10:31 PM

If it happens again, try toggling fullscreen to force it to resize.

Regarding the slideshow - it is something to consider for a future
    enhancement.

14. 14 Posted by manderson0488 on 19 Apr, 2018 10:36 PM

Thanks John.

15. John Wu closed this discussion on 02 May, 2018 04:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac