Questions about Spark Booth SW

Rod Salvilla

05 Dec, 2017 05:38 AM

Kindly clarify the following:
1. Can the Premium version be used on Windows and Mac OS?
2. What about the DSLR version? Is that only for Windows OS?
3. The Premium version has a red X ( for compatible Canon or Nikon cameras) - does that mean that you cannot use a Canon DSLR camera using Premium version? I am using a trial version and it seems to work with my Canon DSLR. Does that mean that I am testing the DSLR version and not the Premium version? I did download the Premium/Personal download trial, so whats the deal?
4. Do you sell pre-designed templates? If not, do you know where I can buy one that would work on your software without me having to design it?
5. Using green screen, the trial version seems to include built-in backgrounds, such as NYC, Europe, etc. Does it include those backgrounds?
6. Does it also include a Kiosk Software so that I can show my clients their pictures on another set of computer or monitor separate from the touch screen? If not, do you sell one and how much?
7. How do I connect and add a separate monitor to Sparkbooth in addition to the Windows 10 touchscreen or Macbook?
8. Before you can start taking Photobooth pictures, it says "Press Spacebar to Start". Since I am using a Windows 10 touchscreen without a keyboard, how do I set up without a keyboard? I expect it should display "Touchscreen to Start".
Thanks for your help!
Rod

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe Connell on 05 Dec, 2017 06:04 AM

Regarding your Q?'s :
    1) Can the Premium version be used on Windows and Mac OS?
    YES

2) What about the DSLR version? Is that only for Windows OS?
    YES the DSLR version is Windows only

3) The Premium version has a red X ( for compatible Canon or Nikon cameras) - does that mean that you cannot use a Canon DSLR camera using Premium version?
    YES, the Premium version is for web cam only

I am using a trial version and it seems to work with my Canon DSLR. Does that mean that I am testing the DSLR version and not the Premium version?
    YES, if you downloaded the DSLR Trial and it is allowing you to select your DSLR camera, it is the DSLR version in Trial

I did download the Premium/Personal download trial, so whats the deal?
    Not sure, the DSLR version is the only version that will recognize and let you select a DSLR camera... so you must have downloaded the DSLR version

4) Do you sell pre-designed templates?
    NO, there are a lot of simple built in layouts and the layout editor gives you full control to create your own layouts

If not, do you know where I can buy one that would work on your software without me having to design it?
    There are many available on the internet just search for Photo Booth Layouts

5) Using green screen, the trial version seems to include built-in backgrounds, such as NYC, Europe, etc. Does it include those backgrounds?
    YES, there are many built in backgrounds for Green screen and you can add your own

6) Does it also include a Kiosk Software so that I can show my clients their pictures on another set of computer or monitor separate from the touch screen?
    YES, the kiosk is built in so that you can install the software on another computer and select Mode in Settings Premium

If not, do you sell one and how much? see Answer for #6 above

7) How do I connect and add a separate monitor to Sparkbooth in addition to the Windows 10 touchscreen or Macbook?
    You can have an external monitor as long as your computer has an output connection for your monitor type (VGA or HDML, etc) and you need to set your computer to copy to 2nd monitor.

8) Before you can start taking Photobooth pictures, it says "Press Spacebar to Start". Since I am using a Windows 10 touchscreen without a keyboard, how do I set up without a keyboard?
    In Screen settings you check the Touch screen to start and change the text to what you want to appear on the screen

I expect it should display "Touchscreen to Start". see #8 answer

2. 2 Posted by Rod Salvilla on 05 Dec, 2017 04:34 PM

Hi Joe,
    1. I’m about to purchase your Sparkbooth sw except I noticed that the Sparkbooth DSLR Canon Trial version will not work and stop acquiring if I set my Canon camera to capture in Raw+jpeg.
    Is that because I’m using a trial and not the licensed version?
    2. Where exactly do I put or add (Folder or Directory) additional green screen backgrounds to Sparkbooth? I can’t seem to find anything about it in your FAQ’s.

Thx.
    Rod

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 1:04 AM, Joe Connell <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > camera

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by John Wu on 05 Dec, 2017 05:07 PM

1. Sparkbooth DSLR requires that you set your camera to jpeg only.
    2. You can add your own images for green screen by going to Camera settings
    (press ctrl-3 to display) and click the "Select Background" button. Then
    click the create custom set button (+)

4. 4 Posted by Rod S. on 05 Dec, 2017 09:20 PM

Hi Joe,
    I’m about to purchase your Sparkbooth sw except I noticed that the
    Sparkbooth DSLR Canon Trial version will not work and stop acquiring
    if I set my Canon camera to capture in Raw+jpeg.
    Is that because I’m using a trial and not the licensed version?
    Thx.
    Rod

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Joe Connell on 05 Dec, 2017 11:18 PM

No the Trial version has nothing to do with that.

As John stated...
    1. Sparkbooth DSLR requires that you set your camera to jpeg only.

6. 6 Posted by Rod Salvilla on 06 Dec, 2017 12:17 AM

Thank you Joe & John for the info and timely replies. Appreciate it very much. Not being able to save Raw on my cameras SDcard is a deal breaker. So what is the DSLR version good for? That’s what I was hoping it’s for since it is not compatible with macs as well. Too bad. I like your green screen functionality. Thx

Rod

Sent from my iPhone

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Joe Connell on 06 Dec, 2017 12:30 AM

My Motto is... - The Best software is the one YOU are comfortable using and get good support... TEST drive all the different software companies free trial and use their support... and you will find YOUR BEST software.

Good luck my friend,

Joe Connell - SB Support
    www.A1PhotoBooth.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

12 Dec, 2017 12:04 AM
11 Dec, 2017 11:21 PM
11 Dec, 2017 11:18 PM