C920 Logitech

Crissi

30 Aug, 2012 04:42 AM

Is or has anyone used the c920 webcam with this software?? I used the C920 for an event this past weekend it is 15 mgpxl which is supposed to produce high quality images. The images look terrible! My other logitech C9000 quality of photos is much better with lower mgpxls then the C920. Anyone know why my images are coming out with such a low quality from the C920? This is a top of the line web cam. Lighting is great. Any suggestions would be helpful thank you in advance.

1. 2 Posted by zchurchz on 30 Aug, 2012 12:43 PM

This one is always tough to explain. First thing is that the C920 actually only has a 3MP sensor, they add 15MP to the description because of "software interpolation" (smoke and mirrors) that can render your photos into less pixelated simulated 15MP photos.....I know, it's false advertizing and someone should get a throat punch for that.
    The other thing is the resolution, everyone assumes that if they have a great webcam then they should move the resolution slider all the way too the right, unfortunatly not correct with the current SB version (author is working on this). I always recommend 720x720 @ 20FPS then go to the Logitech advanced webcam settings (Logitech Software) and play with the sliders until you are happy with the image....it takes some getting used to.

2. 3 Posted by info on 30 Aug, 2012 12:43 PM

Thank you for contacting Smash Elite Photo Booth! We will get back to you as soon as possible, the same business day guaranteed!

Smash Elite Photo Booth Team

3. 4 Posted by e-photobooth on 02 Sep, 2012 03:12 AM

@zchurchz; are you saying that the C9000 gives 'better' results than the C920? Or can the C920 give as good of results as the C9000 with some tweaking?

The reason that I ask is that my C910 is not giving me very good results at all. I have spent tons of time on lighting and trying every setting in SB with no improvement. I have tried a few of the logitech settings and that's helped a bit but it's still grainy and blurry. I'm wondering what can be done to get the best resolution photos. I'd switch to a Canon DSLR but I'm having tons of issues with the extrawebcam software, it's very tempramental and requires lots of restarts, etc. It would be nice to be able to get great results from a decent webcam (by great, I mean results that someone paying $500 bucks for a photobooth rental will be pleased with).

4. 5 Posted by zchurchz on 04 Sep, 2012 01:08 PM

No, I don't think so. I believe that with the way that SB "see's" them they are equal. After that, it's all in the tweaking and lighting.

I have been beta testing SB version on my booth and had one thing that I did that helped was to remove all my printer drivers, webcam drivers, all traces of Sparkbooth, run a registry cleaning program....and re-install everything. All my webcam settings (Logitech Software) that seemed unmanagable went back to default and were managable again.
    If I were at home I would attach some dorky pictures of myself looking grainy and overexposed vs. sharp and properly colored.

5. 6 Posted by info on 04 Sep, 2012 01:09 PM

Thank you for contacting Smash Elite Photo Booth! We will get back to you as soon as possible, the same business day guaranteed!

Smash Elite Photo Booth Team

6. John Wu closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2012 01:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Sep, 2014 06:47 PM
02 Sep, 2014 06:39 PM
02 Sep, 2014 05:43 PM