Slow Printing

Rick

29 Apr, 2012 07:58 PM

Hello everyone,

i'm using a HP Photosmart c5180 and from the time i hit the spacebar to the time the photo comes out, it taking an average of 2 mins and 15 seconds. Could my printer be that slow? I'm using a core i3/4 gig ram/windows 7. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on my slow printing. The quality is great but the speed needs improving. Is there a way to improve this or should i be searching for a new printer? Thanks in advance

Rick

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 30 Apr, 2012 04:10 PM

Yes, it's your printer. The number of nozzles on the printhead were not made for speed.

Look about halfway down the page at the print speeds chart.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00701803&c...

I recommend Canon ip4920's for an inkjet solution, you can do a site search and see many threads on this question.

The Official Fun-in-a-Box Company
    www.PopShotz.net

2. 2 Posted by rickdputo2002 on 30 Apr, 2012 04:58 PM

Hi Z,

thanks for the reply. I bought a pixma ip4820 (i believe its the same one you have?)
    I hope it works as well for me as it does for you. If it's okay with you, I would like to pick your brians for refilling tips or maybe send me some "How To" articles to get me started in the right direction.

I've also notice you've help many people on this site with your insight. On behave of many of us - thank you so much for all your posts! Every forum should a Z man with your knowledge. Much props!!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 30 Apr, 2012 06:57 PM

You are welcome :)

Do me a favor and send an e-mail to my business account and i'll explain how I handle ink. Put "Sparkbooth" in the subject line.

saycheez @ popshotz . net (without the spaces)

The Official Fun-in-a-Box Company
    www.PopShotz.net

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 02 May, 2012 01:20 AM

Hey Rick, your site email info@ wouldn't let me reply, said it was invalid.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

5. 5 Posted by Kendall Wheeler on 02 May, 2012 02:26 AM

What do you think of the Canon - PIXMA MX432 ?

6. John Wu closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2012 11:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac