coin validator

t.matevosyan

23 Feb, 2012 03:51 PM

Dear Jhon
We need to connect some coin validator to your program. Be informed that we use tach screen monitor.
We have already written about this problem but there is no answer.
Look forward to your reply
Thank you in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John Wu on 23 Feb, 2012 04:09 PM

Sorry, I don't know anything about coin validators

2. 2 Posted by Gary Ireland on 23 Feb, 2012 04:09 PM

Hi Tigran,

I would imagine the easiest way to do this is to have windows bring up a screen saver and by inserting the coins it stops the screen saver from appearing with your logo etc and thus reveals Sparkbooth allowing the person to touch the start button.
    Someone would have to do this for you but I am pretty sure it is probably easy. Then after inactivity the screen saver pops back up again.

3. 3 Posted by t.matevosyan on 23 Feb, 2012 04:26 PM

Thanks ...a lot do you knowes somebody who already made something like that?

4. 4 Posted by Gary Ireland on 23 Feb, 2012 04:31 PM

I don't nope but plenty of sites online that you can pay someone to come up with that simple code ie 3 coins inserted into coin validator will hide the screen saver and reveal Sparkbooth then the screen saver comes back up after 1 Minute etc and the process just needs to be repeated.
    Usually a screen saver on a normal pc goes away once you move the mouse etc but you can password protect them so that is where the developer comes in and would need to do that bit of script for you ie once the 3 coins comes into the unit it types a set password like ENTER and that tells the pc to hide the screen saver etc...
    Have a look around for people who write code etc.

5. 5 Posted by glassesboy04 on 24 Feb, 2012 07:13 AM

You Could probably get a Teensy microcontroller and program it to hit the space bar after so many coins are inserted. I know that the coin validator has a simple microswitch that the coins touch to start. I am not sure how to go about programming it but it should be farily simple to do. You can always look on the forums here for someone who programs and might be able to help you.

6. 6 Posted by glassesboy04 on 24 Feb, 2012 07:20 AM

The programming would go something like if validator switch press is equal to (However many coins you want to charge) presses print a space.

7. John Wu closed this discussion on 23 Mar, 2012 07:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac