Send image via text

drkeagle

02 Oct, 2011 08:57 PM

I'm looking to setup a little photobooth in my friends bar. I want it so people can take a picture and be able to upload it to their Facebook. In your software, the upload option is determined before hand and only to 1 account, so it would have to go to 1 account only. Is there anyway to make it so after a picture is taken, a random user can input their Facebook info to upload it (then forget the Facebook info, ie: not stay logged in) or maybe a text message feature. Picture is taken and you input a cell phone number -or- email and the picture is sent?

I've spent about 3 hours searching around the Internet looking for software to do this and yours seems to be the best fit.

1. 1 Posted by drkeagle on 02 Oct, 2011 09:12 PM

Ok, in the 3 preview I just checked out, it looks like a 'user determine upload' setting was made, and that is awesome! You can email it, is there anyway to do a text message the photo? And a 'user facebook' option?!!!!!

2. 2 Posted by drkeagle on 02 Oct, 2011 09:53 PM

I'm doing this at a bar, so you have to figure there will be multiple people a night taking a picture and wanting to directly get it on their Facebook as fast as possible. Can a User Determined Upload Facebook option be created? So the image is upload to whatever Facebook info. a user puts in, instead of it only going to 1 Facebook account that is preset? Or can the image be sent via text message so then they can upload it to Facebook themselves?

3. 3 Posted by drkeagle on 03 Oct, 2011 01:42 AM

So I'm trying to figure out your software before I buy it. I set up a Postmark account, created a server, and entered the API I got from Postmark to sparkbooth and I get this: Testing Failed. Error #2032

And I cannot find anywhere what that error even means.

4. 4 Posted by drkeagle on 03 Oct, 2011 01:43 AM

^^^ This is me, I just registered a account.

5. 5 Posted by drkeagle on 03 Oct, 2011 01:53 AM

Ok, I finally got the Postmark stuff figured out, sorry. So now I can send pictures to any email address that is entered from the user. This is pretty cool, but any chance for a Facebook option that's not preset, but user set after the image is taken?

6. 6 Posted by drkeagle on 03 Oct, 2011 02:35 AM

When I try a text message (Verizon) I send [email blocked] and I receive a text message from "[email blocked]" which is something from Postmark. I get all the text info "[your sparkbook photo] here is the sparkbook photo booth picture you requested. etc etc. but there is no image.

When I try [email blocked] I get nothing. Probably because it's trying to send a email and you cannot receive emails at a vzwpix.com only a image.

I understand every cell phone carrier has different addresses you have to input along with your phone number to work correctly, but emailing a picture to a phone using Postmark doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by John Wu on 03 Oct, 2011 06:07 AM

Hi,

I don't know anything about sending texts by email You should check with
    Verizon. You can check the Postmark activities page for your account to see
    the emails that were sent out. Maybe there might be there might be something
    in the email status.

Sending photos by text probably won't be implemented anytime soon, since
    various cell phone networks have different limitations on the the image
    sizes.

-John

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by John Wu on 03 Oct, 2011 06:11 AM

Hi,

The Facebook uploader is setup to upload into a photo album of one account,
    or one page. It does not currently allow you to upload individual user's
    accounts.

-John

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by John Wu on 03 Oct, 2011 06:12 AM

Error #2032 means whether you can not connected to the internet or the
    Postmark API is down.

-John

10. John Wu closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2012 01:55 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Sep, 2019 01:42 PM
14 Sep, 2019 05:50 PM
14 Sep, 2019 05:00 PM