Webcam Setting for MIcrosoft LifeCam

Annie

18 Sep, 2011 08:39 PM

Hello!

I just purchased a Microsoft LifeCam to be used with my Sparkbooth software for my upcoming party. I have a Toshiba TECRA 1.66GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM. I'm experiencing about 5 seconds of delay in my photos. Does anyone have any suggestion for the webcam setting? My party is on September 23.

Thanks!!

-Annie

1. 1 Posted by brian on 18 Sep, 2011 10:14 PM

Most higher end webcams have auto adjust features built in. Since sparkbooth pulls images from a video feed (ideally @ 15fps or higher), the image may change from shot to shot. Sometimes it is best to turn off all auto features whithin the webcam software. The only good way to ensure quality consistant pictures is:
    test, test, test...oh yeah and test with the exact lighting conditions you will have at the event. If you will be near a window with incoming light, test with that.

2. 2 Posted by mick on 19 Sep, 2011 09:56 AM

Hi Annie,

Which LifeCam model # do you have? If it is an HD LifeCam then you need more than a 1.66ghz processor. You need a Dual-Core processor (2.0ghz or higher) to work properly.

To try and make the best of what hardware you have, try a smaller resolution of picture size, like 320 x 320 with an fps rate at 15 or 10. Adjust those setting by pressing F3. Or those settings can be adjusted outside of Sparkbooth in the LifeCam software that came with your webcam. Making a smaller resolution size will affect the photo quality but will make it 'real-time'.

I hope I have helped you,

Mick

3. John closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2011 02:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

30 Jun, 2022 12:35 AM
29 Jun, 2022 03:48 PM
29 Jun, 2022 07:12 AM