Finding the best printer

reggie

08 Sep, 2011 03:27 PM

I am interested in buying sparkbooth for a kids event this weekend. I need to get a decent printer to print photos and it is a little overwhelming to look at all the choices. I would like a printer that could use 4 x 6 photo paper. any reccomendations?

1. 1 Posted by Cameron on 08 Sep, 2011 03:58 PM

the Selphy photo printer. Runs about $80-$100. 108 paper + ink for $30. Prints photos in 45 seconds. Small and very portable.

2. 2 Posted by annie on 08 Sep, 2011 05:56 PM

Hello Cameron,

I'm considering getting the Selphy photo printer as well. Do you connect the computer to the printer to print out the photos? or do you use it wirelessly? I'm a bit confused because from reading the Selphy disclosure, I'm not sure how to connect the computer to the printer.

Thanks for your help!

-Annie

3. 3 Posted by Cameron on 08 Sep, 2011 06:03 PM

Hi Annie,

I use the Selphy C800. It has a standard USB connection for the PC.

I use it with Sparkbooth and it works fantastically!

4. 4 Posted by BrianS on 09 Sep, 2011 08:00 PM

I have looked at the Selphys, and the print quality is good, but the speed is very slow. I Just went today to look at a variety pf printers for my new PhotoBooth and after very careful consideration It came down to three Ink-Jets (cant afford a 'real' dye-sub yet).
    Kodak 3250 - There is a users here that has several and swears by them. My issue wuth these is that the online reviews are horrible~
    Epson Artisan 50 - Pretty much the same thing as the reviews above. I have always used Epson printers, and 6 years ago bought a Epson Picturemate. It became a doorstop after a VERY short time.
    Canon Pixma MG5220 - AWESOME prints, 4x6 in about 25 seconds and glowing reviews. Frys has it for about $100...WINNER DINGDINGDING!

5. 5 Posted by Joshua D on 12 Sep, 2011 10:41 PM

I bought the Kodak ESP 9250 and most recently the 6150. They have great prints that dry super quick. The 6150 actually seems to print faster and is the cheaper of the two at only $129 at Walmart, plus their ink is only $20 for the color cartridge and $10 for the black toner. It's also an added plus that I only need to buy two ink cartridges. I buy 100 4x6 photos for $8 at walmart as well, so printing with these are super affrodable. Now I will say they aren't as fast I would like, BUT fast enough for my clients. The 6150 actually prints between 30-40 seconds, but it works for me. There are faster printers, but you'll pay more in ink costs.

6. John closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2011 02:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac