Microsoft Lifecam Cinema adjustment?

darrell

31 Aug, 2011 01:32 PM

I'm using this for images. they come out quite good but I have some issues with the camera 'hunting' for focus etc. Overbright colours, can take a second or two to adjust when someone goes in the booth. Is there a setting people are using in the Lifecam panel to avoid the camera adjusting all the time?

See pics taken from a recent event... same settings/lighting etc, just the camera adjusting!
I need to get the settings right so they stay the same... any ideas??

1. 1 Posted by txzman on 31 Aug, 2011 02:42 PM

Same issue here. Any feedback?

2. 2 Posted by brian on 31 Aug, 2011 03:33 PM

Not sure about the lifecam, but logitech software has settings to turn off auto adjustments such as autofocus, white balance and rite lite. Once set manually, you can produce consistant images. White balance, in particular, can cause serious color shifting "frame to frame" with color photos.

3. 3 Posted by mick on 13 Sep, 2011 10:24 AM

Hi Darrell,

I have the same webcam and had the same issue at first. I turned off the 'TrueColor' balance in the Lifecam settings. Then, Instead of having a light just above the webcam (blinding the people), Im using 2 under-the-counter flouresent lights overhead. Also keep in mind that white lighting on white or lightly colored dresses, tuxedos and costumes will reflect the light rather than dark colors absorbing it. After I changed my lighting position, I turned the 'TrueColor' balance back on and any lighting issues seem to have disappeared.

Mick

4. John closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2011 02:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

30 Jun, 2022 12:35 AM
29 Jun, 2022 03:48 PM
29 Jun, 2022 07:12 AM