Print cropping

kansascitymaterialhandling

19 Aug, 2011 04:43 PM

When I print a template from picture manager it crops the top of the template. I use a Sony UPCX1 printer. However, I know this same thing is happening on a Mitsubishi printer. I have not updated or changed my printer since I began this. When the template prints from the photobooth program it prints perfectly. (In some cases I do have to adjust the position on the template within the program at startup, but this is after all the adjustments have been made. ) From within the program the template prints perfectly on the 4 x 6 piee of paper. But after the event when want to print another copy, when I pull up the image in microsoft windows manager it crops the image at the top and bottom. I have made sure the orientation is set to portrait in picture manger and the printer settings. I have selected the correct paper size. I have tried printing with and without the fit to page option. I have tried reducing the image by a certain percentage and it is still cropping the top and bottom. I am using a differnt computer to print the additional copies. In this case it does not leave the black margin at the top. What can I do to solve this?

1. 1 Posted by jcastro89 on 21 Aug, 2011 04:51 PM

I had the same issue with my setup and I'm using an ink jet printer. I found that printing from the Windows manager seemed to increase the size of the reprint. What I did to fix it was ensure that the fit to page option was unchecked and that my printer preference was set to borderless. I'm not familiar with your printers preference settings, but I would test out a combination of printer preference settings.

2. 2 Posted by kansascitymater... on 21 Aug, 2011 05:46 PM

To: [email blocked]
    Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:49 AM
    Subject: Re: Print cropping [Questions]
    I will try that and let you know if it works.  Thank you.

3. John Wu closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2011 01:19 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac