Photo slot

shane

15 Aug, 2011 04:50 AM

I'm building a photobooth, out of wood and such, I was just wondering if other people who've built them could give me some ideas about the slot for the photos to come out.

I want to put it outside, on the front. Do people just cut a hole for the printer tray to stick out of? I was thinking for some sort of slide type set up as it comes out of the printer but I'm not sure how a reliable a system that would be.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rob (ZCZ) on 16 Aug, 2011 01:16 PM

My printer sits behind the wood pointed at a 1X4 slot (90deg from monitor). I used a extendable tray I tore off an old fax machine that fit nicely (I removed the original printer tray)
    I wouldn't advise having the entire printer face coming out of the booth as #1. it removes part of the mystique of the machine #2 little kids LOVE buttons and slots and emerging prints and will make a mess of anything they have access to.

I would think that you could create a nice tray from a sheet a acrylic, just think about using a gravity "drop" so that it falls into a recieving spot or people will grab it as soon as they see it and yank it before it's finished printing...trust me, I feel like I need a ruler to smack peoples hands.

2. 2 Posted by shane on 18 Aug, 2011 12:04 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I might try and find some sort of wall mounted soap dish to catch the photos.

Might build a compartment for a smacking ruler as well.

3. John Wu closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2011 01:18 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jan, 2020 10:25 AM
21 Jan, 2020 09:24 PM
21 Jan, 2020 04:26 PM