Question in response to Sparkbooth mirror set up from 2/19/24

Olga

20 Feb, 2024 06:28 PM

1. I've clicked to see the ready screen on the mirror, however it says I need a premium subscription license to use this feature. I am currently in the tryout mode. How can I see if this even works without having to pay for a license? I dont' want to pay a large fee to test something out one time.
2. If the camera on the mirror doesnt work like your support team stated, and I need to use the mirror reflection - whats the point of the entire mirror booth- if I am simply resorting to using the camera on my laptop?
I am really trying to like to like this product before sending it back for a refund. Pls help thank you for your time.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John on 20 Feb, 2024 06:39 PM

Did you try enabling the ready screen? It is not blocking you from trying it
    Please read the refund policy
    http://help.sparkbooth.com/kb/purchasing/sparkbooth-refund-policy

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 20 Feb, 2024 06:53 PM

First what camera are you using. If it's a dslr camera you need to download the trial mode for dslr and the camera brand make sure your camera is listed remember the dslr Canon camera will not work with a nikon download and the same with nikon/Canon download. Second question the purpose of a mirror booth is the mirror reflection is your live view. The program will enable live view momentarily so the guest can get into positions.

3. 3 Posted by Olga on 21 Feb, 2024 12:43 AM

Hello thank you for the responses.
    In regards to the camera question -
    We aren't using any 3rd party camera, or attached camera, as this mirror booth was purchased with the intention to use the camera inside the mirror booth that is provided.

Possibly that is where all the disconnect lies. We purchased the mirror booth with the intention to use the camera in the mirror. Our mirror booth has a little camera on the bottom, and we have been trying to figure out how to use that camera all along. Does this functionality not work? Thank you

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 21 Feb, 2024 12:50 AM

You either have a webcam or a DSLR camera. Which one if you don't know take a picture of it and post it here for us to see

5. 5 Posted by Olga on 21 Feb, 2024 01:21 PM

Good Morning,
    We'd like to use the camera on the photo booth mirror. Isn't that what the black dot is on the bottom of the mirror screen?
    We do not have a DSLR. There is a camera on the Laptop however that's not what we intended to use since we purchased the mirror screen to use the camera on the photobooth.
    Thank You

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 21 Feb, 2024 03:03 PM

Ok thanks. What you need to do is that camera has a USB cable connect that to the PC open spark booth then open the camera settings by pressing F3 on the keyboard you will see the camera settings drop down menu pick your camera from the list and it should work.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 21 Feb, 2024 03:07 PM

Plus we see the black dot did you check to make sure there is a camera there can you take a picture of the camera from behind the mirror booth we want to see if there is a camera there and not just a hole to place the camera.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 21 Feb, 2024 05:46 PM

We just noticed when you build it did you put the mirror upside down. The camera should be on top

9. 9 Posted by Olga on 21 Feb, 2024 09:24 PM

thank you for the response. Here are the photos to show which camera came with the photobooth.
    Does this camera have a name for it? I do have it attached to the computer with the HDMI cord. I need to figure out how the computer can recognize the booth is connected, to give the option for the photobooth camera to be chosen on the camera setting screen. Currently the only drop down option on the camera menu is the HP camera.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 21 Feb, 2024 10:30 PM

Ok wait we are going back and forth. Did you download spark booth trial version

11. 11 Posted by Olga on 21 Feb, 2024 11:37 PM

Hello, yes I did download the trial version. This is what the screen looks like when I go to pick a camera. pls see attached, oddly it only shows our computer camera but no camera from the photobooth to choose. - Again, we thank you for your time.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 22 Feb, 2024 01:28 AM

In order to show your cameras you need to download the camera drivers. In windows open the devices and printer see if your camera shows up if it does right click on it and set it as default camera then open your camera settings in spark booth F3 and pick default camera

13. 13 Posted by Olga Garcia on 22 Feb, 2024 01:50 AM

What is the name of the spark booth camera i am looking for . and how does it connect to the computer. ?? It still does not show as an option.

On Feb 21, 2024, at 7:28 PM, Jorge Oliva <[email blocked]> wrote:

14. 14 Posted by Olga Garcia on 22 Feb, 2024 01:57 AM

Also- What is the name of the app that I now have to download for said camera drivers above ?

15. 15 Posted by Olga Garcia on 22 Feb, 2024 01:58 AM

Also to clarify so we don’t go in circles - yes it’s connected by the HDMI cord but doesn’t show on my computer .

16. 16 Posted by Olga Garcia on 22 Feb, 2024 02:00 AM

If the computer isn’t picking up there is a camera connected by the HDMI cord, would it pick up by bluetooth connection?

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Jorge Oliva on 22 Feb, 2024 02:27 AM

Olga I don't think a camera can be connected via a HDMI cord all external webcam normally connect with a USB cord. I think you should talk to your mirror booth manufacturer and ask them how do you connect the camera to your PC once it's connected spark booth will see it by pressing F3

18. John closed this discussion on 05 Mar, 2024 11:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Sparkbooth please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac