Layout size

rikv

13 Aug, 2018 09:38 PM

Hi, i have a layout which is 1844x1240 px.
It contains a "background" and "overlay" in .PNG and a "double strip" .PSD
Although Sparkbooths layout creator prefers 1800x1200.
How do i best deal with this format?
Resize all to 1800x1200, do continue or does someone know a another best way to work with it.
(sorry for the noob queqtions) Grtz

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John Wu on 13 Aug, 2018 09:59 PM

If you go into the layout editor and create new layout, select the
    "6x4(DNP)" for the paper size. That layout is exactly 1844x1240px
    Then you can attached the background and overlay png files to the layout
    without resizing.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John Wu on 13 Aug, 2018 10:00 PM

No content.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Joe Connell on 13 Aug, 2018 10:01 PM

The layout you have was created with what is called bleed space and there is a Paper size you can use when you create a NEW layout in the layout editor.

Once you have selected Create New layout in the layout editor (top left-second icon) a new window will open and you Name your layout and select the Portrait [ TALL ] OR Landscape WIDE and then the Paper size that defaults to 4X6 ... use drop down arrow and select 6X4 DNP

This will have a blank layout that is 1844 X 1240 px that your background and overlay will fit.
    NOTE IF the Overlay is not TRANSPARENT in all the areas you want to be seen (the photo boxes, any text areas) you should NOT bring the overlay in as an OVERLAY, but use the add image and bring it in before you add any text.

Understand, a layout is a SANDWICH... you start with a blank white bread and the background become RYE bread... the photo boxes, graphic images and text are your meats and toppings. adding an OVERLAY would be the TOP piece of bread and you will not see what is under it if the overlay is not completely transparent. Bring it in as an image and it will be like the meats you added...

Contact me in Skype and I can show you how easy this is and we can talk. My Skype email is ccuvideo @ gmail . com (no spaces- only used because this forum hides all emails)

Joe Connell - SB Support

4. John Wu closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2018 11:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Nov, 2018 12:17 AM
18 Nov, 2018 12:06 AM
17 Nov, 2018 07:13 PM